Mental health therapy programs are an essential resource in learning how to manage your mental health. Those who struggle with mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and PTSD can benefit from the help of an experienced therapist as well as their peers in treatment. At Peer Mental Wellness, we approach mental health therapy through a trauma-informed approach. Our goal is to give our participants the skills they need, even after leaving our mental health treatment center.
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPY AT PEER MENTAL WELLNESS
Mental health counseling can come in a variety of forms, and each one has its own benefits. Depending on a patient’s mental health condition and symptoms, our team can determine what types of therapy would be the best options for recovery. The mental health therapy programs we offer at Peer Mental Wellness include:
- Art therapy – Painting, drawing, and sculpting can be a creative outlet for those in treatment
- Body psychotherapy – Touch, movement, and other activities involving your physical body can support healing
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT is one of the most effective therapies for mental health and can help participants build healthy coping skills
- Dialectical behavior therapy – A focus on mindfulness and emotional regulation can be helpful in mental health treatment
- Family therapy – Participants can rebuild relationships with loved ones in family therapy sessions
- Group therapy – Group therapy sessions are a way to learn from the experiences of others and build a network of support
- Individual therapy – Talk one-on-one with a therapist about specific issues you’re facing
- Holistic therapy – Discover the connection between mind, body, and spirit and how it can be a powerful part of your journey
- Mindfulness meditation therapy – Meditation can relieve stress and provide focus
- Music therapy – Playing music and singing offer ways to creatively connect with emotions
- Trauma therapy – Working through trauma with the help of a therapist is an important part of the recovery journey
HOW MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING CAN HELP YOU HEAL
Therapy can be very helpful in managing mental health issues, and it can often help participants feel better both mentally and emotionally. They can also help people learn new skills that can be used to manage their mental health in the future.
The mental health therapies we offer are part of all of our treatment programs, including our partial hospitalization program, intensive outpatient program, and outpatient program.
The therapies we provide offer a wide range of benefits to those who suffer from mental health disorders. They can:
- Give participants the healthy coping skills needed to manage symptoms
- Teach participants new ways to express emotions
- Offer support during times of crisis
Starting treatment at Peer Mental Wellness can make a difference. Discover how our vibrant community can support you every step of the way.
REACH OUT TO PEER MENTAL WELLNESS TODAY
Learn more about our mental health therapy programs in the greater Los Angeles area by reaching out to Peer Mental Wellness today. Through mental health counseling, you or your loved one can reach a place of healing and wholeness. Connect with our team at 714.844.5473 or reach out online to learn more.