For members of the armed services and their families, getting quality mental and physical health treatment is of the utmost importance. Life is unpredictable and full of obstacles and curveballs that can’t always be avoided. These unpredictable moments can have equally unpredictable consequences. Any emergency room can fix a broken bone, but what about when issues with mental health arise? Finding quality veterans’ mental health treatment can be a difficult task. That is why it is of the utmost importance to know where to go and who accepts TRICARE insurance coverage.
Peer Mental Wellness provides highly effective holistic mental health treatment for veterans, and we accept TRICARE coverage. Learn more by connecting with our team at 714.844.5473.
Paying for Mental Health Treatment Using Tricare
TRICARE is the health care program provided for uniformed service members, retirees, and their families, wherever they may be around the world. TRICARE covers a wide variety of services, including health plans, special programs, prescriptions, and dental plans. Under the Affordable Care Act of 2010, most TRICARE health plans must meet the requirements for minimum essential coverage.
Under the leadership of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, TRICARE is managed by the Defense Health Agency. TRICARE coverage offers a multitude of health care plans that include different levels of care at a range of different costs. Being able to pay for mental health treatment can sometimes be the difference between life and death. That is why it is of the utmost importance for people to fully understand the coverage offered by their insurance plan.
What Does TRICARE Mental Health Treatment Look Like?
There are many different options to choose from when selecting TRICARE insurance coverage, each offering a different range of services at a different price. While certain plans are only available in specific geographical regions, many are openly available to all who qualify. Some of these services include:
- TRICARE Select: TRICARE Select is the most basic and least expensive plan offered. TRICARE Select is available to active duty personnel, veterans, retirees from the Active Component, retirees from the Reserve Component, Reservists, and the family members of anyone who falls into these categories.
- TRICARE Prime: With TRICARE Prime, there is no enrollment fee for active-duty personnel, retirees from the Active Component, and retirees from the Reserve Component age 60 or older. In exchange for lower out-of-pocket costs for each visit, beneficiaries of this plan face more restrictions regarding the services that are available to them.
- Premium-based health plans – TRICARE’s premium-based health care plans are available to a wider range of military service members and offer coverage similar to TRICARE Select and TRICARE Prime. It is available available for purchase by National Guard and Reserve members.
TRICARE mental health treatment coverage plans should be chosen based on the specific needs of service members and their families, as each plan and type of plan provides specific coverage.
Other Resources Provided by TRICARE Insurance Coverage
In addition to insurance coverage, there are a number of programs and resources developed to help military service members and their families better understand their TRICARE mental health treatment coverage. These include:
- Mental Health and Addiction Insurance Help Portal
- Coast Guard Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Military Crisis Line
- Military One Source
- Real Warriors
Each of these resources is designed to help military service members and their families navigate the complexities of the U.S. healthcare system so that they may find the service most suitable for their needs.
Find Mental Health Treatment for Veterans at Peer Mental Wellness
Paying for mental health treatment can be arduous during moments of crisis. When these moments of crisis arise, knowing where to go and who to see can make a world of difference. During these times, one should be focused on their recovery, not worried and overwhelmed about the cost of care and whether or not a facility accepts insurance.
The Peer Mental Wellness team has been specially assembled to make sure that care comes first when it comes to the needs of a patient. Peer Mental Wellness accepts TRICARE insurance coverage and has extensive experience working with veterans, active-duty personnel, and families from all branches of the U.S. military. Reach out to learn more about mental health treatment for veterans at 714.844.5473.