How does one find a mental health treatment program best suited to their needs? It can be an overwhelming task when viewing all the various therapy programs available today, and this process can be made all the more daunting when trying to find a program that fits your schedule. At Peer Mental Wellness, we offer a wide range of health therapy programs and will work your schedule to get you the help that you deserve. Our services are specially crafted to suit all forms of mental health concerns, both mild and severe. We provide a partial hospitalization program for those who need more consistent treatment.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)?
A partial hospitalization program is a mental health therapy program for clients who need regular treatment multiple days of the week. It falls right in between outpatient therapy and inpatient programs. Partial hospitalization programs are an alternative to inpatient programs for clients who do not require 24/7 monitoring but still need regularly scheduled visits and structured treatment. This program meets regularly for several hours a day, three to five days a week. During their time in a PHP, clients participate in treatment programs during the day and return home at night. Specifically tailored for each client, these programs are designed for those who:
- Experience mental health and/or substance abuse disorders
- Experience difficulty functioning at work, school, and in social situations
- Are not at risk of self-harm or harming others
- Have sufficient support at home or other support systems
Partial hospitalization programs can be an effective first step on the road to lasting recovery
What to Expect from Our Partial Hospitalization Program in Los Angeles
Partial hospitalization programs are tailored specifically to the needs of each client and can consist of a variety of treatments and exercises. Clients will undergo periodic evaluations during this program as they participate in one-on-one and group therapy, educational programs, and skill-building exercises. This form of treatment is focused on providing individuals with the skills needed for recovery. In a partial hospitalization program, you can expect the following:
- Comprehensive diagnostic assessment: This is an in-depth assessment of a client’s mental health history, physical health, and substance use.
- Individualized treatment planning: No two clients are alike, which is why partial hospitalization programs are often specifically tailored to the client’s needs. This planning may include referring clients to specialized consultants or other healthcare providers in order to provide a well-rounded treatment program.
- Discharge planning: It is not enough to simply deal with the issues we currently experience. Partial hospitalization programs emphasize discharge planning so that clients can leave treatment knowing they have the tools and abilities to handle whatever life throws at them in the future.
- Evaluation of risk: In addition to regularly scheduled assessment, doctors will look to evaluate clients’ mental health progression to determine if they pose any risk to themselves or others.
- Medication management: If medication is required, clients will meet with an onsite psychologist who has familiarized themselves with the client’s medical history and diagnostic assessment.
- Individual and group therapy: The needs of the client will determine the approach of their therapist, and sessions might focus on anger management, stress management, or relapse prevention.
The main goal of partial hospitalization programs is to provide an overall treatment plan that helps patients come to terms with their current issues and develop a plan to move forward.
Find PHP Mental Health Treatment in Los Angeles Through Peer Mental Wellness
Reach out to Peer Mental Wellness today at 714.844.5473 to speak to one of our on-site specialists for more information on partial hospitalization programs and other services.