Peer Mental Wellness takes a nontraditional approach to mental health therapy. While we offer therapies like CBT and EMDR, which can be highly effective for those struggling with anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders, we also place an emphasis on the importance of experiential therapies like art therapy. This approach helps our participants heal in every aspect of their lives. Our goal is to reconnect our participants with the artist within, and through art therapy, we can reach that goal.
Learn more about our art therapy program in Los Angeles by connecting with the Peer Mental Wellness team today at 714.844.5473 or by reaching out to us online. We’re here to help you begin the journey back to your healthiest self.
How Art Therapy Can Improve Your Mental Health
What is art therapy? Art therapy is a treatment approach that uses creative expression as a means of exploring and resolving issues. It can be used with people of all ages and can be helpful for a wide range of issues, including mental health disorders, addiction, trauma, and grief.
There are many benefits to art therapy, including:
- Improved mental health – Art therapy can help improve mental health by giving participants an outlet to express their thoughts and feelings. It can also help those in our care connect with their emotions and understand them better.
- Increased self-awareness – Art therapy can help participants become more aware of themselves and their feelings. This can lead to increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Reduced stress – Participating in art therapy can help reduce stress by providing an outlet for feelings of anxiety and frustration. It can also provide a sense of relaxation and calm.
- Improved communication skills – This approach to treatment can help improve communication skills by teaching participants how to express themselves through art.
- Better problem-solving skills – Art therapy can help improve problem-solving skills by teaching people how to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to problems.
At Peer Mental Wellness, we incorporate art therapy into our mental health treatment programs as a way for our participants to relieve stress and learn how to express their emotions.
Art Therapy at Peer Mental Wellness
What can participants expect from our art therapy program in Los Angeles? They can expect to be in a safe, supportive, and vibrant environment where they can explore their thoughts and feelings through creative expression. They will be encouraged to experiment with different mediums and techniques and will be given space to express themselves freely. Sessions will typically last around an hour, and participants are not required to have any prior art experience.
Some of the activities those in art therapy might participate in include:
Our art therapist will introduce different activities or topics, but participants are also encouraged to work on projects that they connect with.
Learn More—Contact Peer Mental Wellness Today
Connect with the Peer Mental Wellness team today to learn more about how our art therapy program in Los Angeles can help you or your loved one heal. We can verify your insurance and help you access the resources you need.
In addition to art therapy, we offer:
- Music therapy – Playing music and singing are ways to creatively express emotions
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – One of the most widely used therapies for mental health treatment, CBT is a highly effective approach
- Trauma therapy – Working through trauma with the help of a therapist is an important step on the road to recovery
- EMDR – This evidence-based approach helps participants learn more about the underlying causes of any issues they’re facing
Reach out to us at 714.844.5473 or contact us online to get started.