Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurodevelopmental condition that can make it difficult for someone to control their impulses, pay attention, and stay organized. People of all ages can have ADHD, and for many adults, ADHD can make it difficult to navigate daily life. Even if you’ve done your best to adapt, you may still feel overwhelmed by the challenges of managing ADHD. The ADHD treatment program at Peer Mental Wellness offers a way for you to get the help you need.
Our treatment program is designed to meet the individual needs of every patient, offering a range of therapies to help you better manage your ADHD. Through a combination of individual, group, and family therapy sessions, we’ll work with you to improve communication skills, hone problem-solving strategies, and develop better coping skills.
An Overview of ADHD
ADHD can develop in childhood and last into adulthood. While this mental health condition is often characterized in the media as hyperactivity or an inability to focus, it can manifest itself in a variety of ways. Common signs and symptoms of ADHD include:
- Impulsivity – The inability to control thoughts and actions, often leading to risky behavior
- Hyperactivity – Experiencing an excess of energy, often resulting in excessive talking and fidgeting
- Inattention – Struggling to pay attention, often resulting in difficulty following instructions or completing tasks
- Organizational problems – Having difficulty organizing tasks, often leading to procrastination
One of the hallmarks of ADHD is executive dysfunction, which can make it difficult to plan and carry out tasks or think through complex problems. It’s also common for ADHD to co-occur with other mental health conditions like depression or anxiety.
What to Expect in Our ADHD Treatment Program
The most effective approach to ADHD treatment involves a combination of medication and psychotherapy. Medication isn’t always necessary, and its use should be tailored to your individual needs. However, for some individuals, medication can be an important part of managing their ADHD symptoms.
Therapy services can help you better manage the symptoms of ADHD. With a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to your needs, we’ll work together to set goals and develop strategies that can help you better manage your condition. Here at Peer Mental Wellness, our ADHD treatment program in Los Angeles includes:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – A type of talk therapy that focuses on recognizing and changing the thoughts and behaviors that lead to negative outcomes
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – A type of psychotherapy that teaches effective strategies for managing emotions
- Family therapy – Sessions designed to help family members better understand ADHD and learn how to support their loved one
- Group therapy – Focusing on issues like social skills, stress management, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Holistic approaches – When appropriate, lifestyle modifications like nutrition and exercise can be integrated into a treatment plan
Don’t let stigma or fear keep you from getting the help you need. With the right ADHD treatment program, you can learn to better manage your symptoms and reach your goals.
Contact Peer Mental Wellness Today for ADHD Treatment in Los Angeles
Our ADHD therapy program at Peer Mental Wellness offers hope and support to adults living with this condition. From individual and family therapy to medication management, we provide comprehensive care tailored to your needs. In addition to ADHD treatment, we provide care for depression, anxiety, co-occurring substance use disorders, and other mental health conditions.