About Peer Wellness | Uncovering the Artist Within
The multidisciplinary team at Peer Wellness specializes in a range of mental health disorders, from depression and anxiety to bipolar to post-traumatic stress disorders. Through cutting-edge, evidence-based techniques such as cognitive and dialectical behavior therapy, EMDR, and Jungian therapy, our clients reach to the underlying causes of their unique worldviews. Furthermore, through creative process groups like art, music, or dance therapy, we help them find the most suitable medium with which to express themselves. This is key. What society calls a disease we call an artist not fully developed in their medium. Where others see mental health problems, Peer Wellness sees solutions. We see an opportunity to reconnect each client with the artist inside.
Peer Wellness understands that no two clients are alike. We have Mozarts, Picassos, Shakespeares, and blends of each. The worst thing we could do would be to try to fit our artists into predetermined boxes. In fact, we believe that this is one of the sources from which so many mental health problems spring. Rather than offer a “one size fits all” approach, then, we work closely with each client to build out a unique treatment plan. And just as some clients feel much more comfortable behind a piano than an easel, we find that some clients respond more positively to gestalt therapy than EMDR. Or vice versa. We work to find those methods that speak to each individual’s needs and goals.
Peer Wellness is located in downtown Santa Ana, mere blocks away from most of the social service programs in Orange County. We pride ourselves on being the finest providers of mental health services and in working closely and transparently with insurance companies so that we can provide the highest level of care and best practices. Contact us today to speak with an admissions specialist and start uncovering the artist within.
It is the mission of Peer Wellness to help those suffering from mental health conditions reconnect with their inner artist-nature by emphasizing the creative process and through cutting-edge therapy. These are our core beliefs.
- Peer Wellness operates under the belief that every human soul is art. We are all both artists and the work of art itself. To be human is to engage in the sacred act of creation.
- Additionally, Peer Wellness believes that what most call mental illnesses are actually unique points of view. Furthermore, the “problems” that we have come to associate with those points of view are opportunities for solution and growth.
- With these beliefs in mind, it is the goal of Peer Wellness to reacquaint our clients with their inherent artists within. We help our artists develop the medium with which to express their unique points of view.
- Peer Wellness believes that person-centered, holistic care is the most effective means of bringing about this change. Each client has a story and by attending to their emotional, mental, and spiritual growth, we show them the means to tell it.
- Finally, Peer Wellness believes that everyone who walks through our doors is a peer. While we may have our unique, individual stories, we all stand on the same ground as equals.
Peer Wellness is a center for mental health located in downtown Santa Ana. It is a community for those who are ready to challenge outdated ideas about mental illness and uncover their true creative selves. We offer individual, group, and family counseling services, art therapy and other creative process groups, cognitive behavioral therapy, EMDR, and more. If you or someone you love has been struggling with mental health disorders, please consider giving Peer Wellness a call today. We are ready to help turn problems into solutions and uncover the artist within.