Mental health issues are a serious concern in Los Angeles. Access to quality care and treatment for mental health issues is not always readily available or affordable, and for the millions of Californians who would benefit from mental health care, this can be a major barrier. Holistic mental health care in Los Angeles from qualified professionals is one way to ensure that those in need of help receive the care and support they deserve.
Peer Mental Wellness offers a holistic therapy program as part of our outpatient mental health treatment programs. This approach to mental health care is designed to encourage individuals to take an integrated approach to their overall well-being. Since no two people experience life in the same way, the treatment plans we create with our patients are tailored to their specific needs.
Call 714.844.5473 today to learn more and get started.
The Need for Mental Health Care in Los Angeles
Los Angeles County, home to 10 million people, has seen a consistent increase in the number of residents struggling with mental health issues. According to the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles’s annual Community Health Needs Assessment, in 2021:
- 46.1% of adults in California struggled with depression or anxiety
- A quarter of Californians struggle with seven mental health concerns
- 25% of adults with severe mental health concerns have been arrested1
Many of those who would benefit from mental health treatment never receive it. Making treatment more accessible can help bridge this gap and better serve the Los Angeles community.
What Is Holistic Mental Health Care?
Holistic mental health care is a form of therapy that takes into account the body, mind, and spirit. It is a comprehensive approach to mental health treatment that not only focuses on addressing the symptoms of mental health conditions or distress, but also on the whole person’s well-being.
This approach helps to prevent mental health issues from resurfacing and can help individuals to become more self-aware and resilient. Holistic mental health care can include:
- One-on-one psychotherapy
- Group therapy
- Specialized treatment programs
- Yoga and mindfulness-based practices
- Nutrition counseling
- Art or music therapy
- Meditation or relaxation techniques
When holistic mental health care is used in combination with traditional therapy, individuals can find a sense of balance and peace.
How to Find Holistic Mental Health Care in Los Angeles
Peer Mental Wellness provides comprehensive and personalized outpatient behavioral health services for those in Los Angeles. Our team is composed of experienced professionals who understand the unique mental health needs of our patients and strive to help them reach their goals in the safest and most effective way possible.
We offer a variety of programs designed to address mental health issues. These include:
- Partial hospitalization programs – Our most intensive level of care, these programs are designed to provide comprehensive and intensive treatment for those working to build a foundation for recovery.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Designed for those who need structure and a focused treatment plan, these programs are tailored to meet each individual’s needs.
- Outpatient program – Our outpatient therapy programs provide individuals with the support and tools they need to manage their mental health in a safe, secure environment.
- Psychiatry services – Our psychiatric team provides evaluations and medication management for those in need of additional help.
Treatment for co-occurring disorders, as well as specialized treatment for veterans, is also available.
Reach Out for Support Today from Peer Mental Wellness
Holistic mental health treatment in Los Angeles is available at Peer Mental Wellness. We’re conveniently located in historic downtown Santa Ana, and our team is dedicated to providing comprehensive care that meets the needs of all individuals.